Location: Main Plenary Hall – Tuesday 16th October – 11:45 AM – 12:45 PM
Workshop 3: Continuous Automated UV-C Disinfection of High-Touch Surfaces Without Human Intervention
Manual patient room cleaning with chemical based solutions to prevent the spread of bacteria is common place in healthcare. As the World Health Organization has reported, each year, hundreds of millions of patients worldwide are affected by health care acquired infections (HCAI) leading to significant mortality and financial losses for health systems. A growing volume of science shows high-touch, hard to clean mobile devices and equipment have a major impact in the transmission of bacteria. There is a clear need for more frequent cleaning of shared equipment. However, with caregiver workflows, contamination through device touch interaction occurs more frequently than manual cleaning can reasonably happen. Introducing UV Angel, a critical missing element in the battle against HCAI’s, and bacteria transmission. UV Angel is an intelligent, automated UV-C light that mounts directly to hard-to-clean, high-touch touch surfaces. UV Angel continuously monitors to detect when surfaces have been used and automatically disinfects hundreds of times a day without interrupting workflow, effectively killing 99.9% of the pathogens that cause infections.
Benefits of Attending
- Understanding factors high-touch mobile devices and equipment play in the role of bacteria transmission
- Introduction to a new technology in the fight to battle health care acquired infections (HCAI) and bacteria transmission
- Understanding how the use of a targeted application of Automated Low Energy UV-C for high touch surfaces should play a role in disinfection protocols
- Understanding how to partner with UV Angel to create healthier and safer environments
Brief Summary of Content
- The role high touch surfaces play in bacteria transmission
- How Intelligent Automated Low Energy UV-C Technology can destroy bacteria
- How the UV Angel Technology Platform works
- What the benefits are in using the continuous approach to disinfection with UV Angel Technology
- How can you obtain further information on UV Angel Technology?
Greg Beasley – Business Development/Advisor