Location: Breakout Hall – Monday 15th October – 12:45 PM – 01:45 PM
Workshop Stream 2: The Contaminated Healthcare Environment – Minimising the Risk of Transmission
Evidence that that pathogens deposited in the healthcare environment are responsible for cross-infection is steadily increasing. This Workshop will review the most recent literature and describe strategies for maintaining a safe environment in which to care for vulnerable patients.
Benefits of Attending Attendees will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the risks from the healthcare environment through a comprehensive review of the literature
- Learn about adopting a human factors approach to cleaning
- Gain information on methods that make effective decontamination easy and effective
- Gain an understanding of the role of source isolation in reducing environmental contamination
Brief Summary of Content
- Comprehensive review of the key literature relating to pathogen transfer via the contaminated healthcare environment
- Discussion of the roles and responsibilities of healthcare personnel
- Description of the adoption of a human factors approach to make decontamination more effective
- Provision of guidance on how to select products for environmental decontamination that are practical and effective
- Discussion of the issues relating to surface compatibility with agents used for decontamination
- Description and discussion of the role of isolation in prevention of cross-infection and reducing environmental contamination
GAMA Healthcare Company Profile
GAMA Healthcare are the market leader in infection prevention solutions. Our range of Clinell, Carell and Cleanall products combine innovative technology with ease of use, providing the healthcare industry with the most effective options available.
We not only offer an incredible range of quality products but also superior aftercare support. This includes our revolutionary tablet-based Training Package and auditing software, bespoke training delivered by our team of experienced IPC trainers, and literature to assist with compliance.
Our ethos of quality products, verified science, cost-effectiveness and extensive after-sales support has established ourselves as the premium choice for healthcare professionals.